Basil (Ocimum basilicum) is native to India, stretching from Southeast Asia to Africa, and other tropical regions and has now become globalized as a result of human cultivation. And belongs to the family Labiaceae and is cultivated as an aromatic and seasoning plant. It is widespread all over the world, but still remains deeply associated with Asian, Gastronomy and Mediterranean culture.
This aromatic herb has become one of the most used herbs in cooking to prepare many dishes, including pesto, a mixture of basil, pine nuts and parmesan, which is very popular. Although basil has a pungent flavor, and other varieties also offer unique flavors: anise and cinnamon and lemon. But the basilisk also surprises us for its healing properties and its ease of use to improve health.
Description of Basil
It’s leaves are ovate and serrated with bouquet flowers, normally white or pinkish, and its stem is about 60 cm long. There are over 60 varieties of basilica that differ somewhat in appearance and flavor. mint, it’s not surprising that these 2 amazing plants belong to the same family.
- Ocimum basilicum
- O. basilicum
Read all the benefits and medicinal properties of this prodigious plant that is basil.
benefits of basil?
This plant has been used for a long time to relieve many ailments that may occur due to the medicinal properties available to it. Some of the contributions or special benefits of this herb are, among others, the following:
1. This amazing herb contains antispasmodic agents that help prevent or relieve muscle weakness, indigestion and pain in different parts of the body.
2. It helps us in the event of fatigue, or inflammation resulting from physical fatigue and helps to fight depression. In many cases, it also helps reduce anxiety.
3. In the same way, it can be used to massage and soothe the spasms caused by painful periods, it also relieves some pains such as headaches and toothaches, and its tranquilizing aroma is used in different body oils.
4. It is an excellent natural mosquito repellent, because of its antibacterial properties, it can be used to heal snake bites or other infectious bites, and it stimulates healing of wounds. it is used with natural ointments.
5. In the same way, it is often used in lotions to treat alopecia and its effects depend on the use we give it.
6. It prevents colds and flu with its antimicrobial properties and has anti-fungal properties to prevent fungal growth.
7. When it is consumed with tea or drinks that do not change its original composition, it is ideal for strengthening the body’s immune system and defense.
Natural Basil Remedies
Now discover several natural remedies that you can make with basil in a very simple way to relieve many common disorders.
Basil is a plant that can be taken as a syrup to relieve coughs, and is also very suitable for soothing dryness in the throat by mixing it with alcohol. sweet water.
This plant is also called the grass of longevity. And it is widely used by skincare enthusiasts and especially the face. To enjoy its benefits, gently rub a the leaf on the skin every day, this method will give a natural glow to the skin and improve its appearance.
TO TREAT ACNE
It cleanses the blood and eliminates toxins, which will make your skin look much healthier, so you can use it to purify your skin and if you suffer from acne.
It has natural cleansing properties that help the body eliminate what it does not need, while at the same time it contains anti-inflammatory properties that help improve symptoms. due to heartburn.