Are you wondering why D3 Organic, the flagship product of NRI is very potent. This is because of the ingredients that makes up the product.
Ingredients In D3 Organic
- Desmodium gangeticum
- Garcinia kola
- Tetracarpidium conophorum
- Ocimum sancta
- Curcuma longa
This is also known as Shalparnia. It is bitter as well as sweet in taste. The plant has febrifuge, aphrodisiac, analgesic, diuretic, antiinflammatory, and haemorrhagic properties.
- The root of this plant is one of the constituents of the famous Ayurvedic preparation called Dasmoola.
- Shalparnia helps to manage fever due to its antipyretic property.
- It is also useful for respiratory problems like bronchitis as it helps to relax the respiratory passages and decreases inflammation due to its bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory properties. This allows free flow of air to respiratory passages and eases breathing.
- According to Ayurveda, Shalparni is beneficial for male sexual health as it helps to manage problems like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction due to its Vrishya (aphrodisiac) property.
- It helps to increase the blood flow to the penis and helps maintain the erection. Taking Shalparni powder along with water regularly helps in improving male sexual health.
- Shalparni helps to manage piles by reducing inflammation at the anal site due to its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. Taking Shalparni powder along with water manages piles due to its Pitta balancing and Shothhar (anti-inflammatory) properties.
- Shalparni is also beneficial in wound healing as it prevents infections and reduces inflammation due to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Applying Shalparni leaf paste on the scalp reduces dandruff as well as hair fall due to its antifungal properties.
- As per Ayurveda, applying Shalparni leaf powder along with rose water on the forehead is a remedy for managing headache.
- It is used in postnatal complaints. It increases milk flow after pregnancy.
- Treats Diarrhea and Dysentery.
- Used for treats chronic fever
- Treats biliousness
- Treats cough
- Stops vomiting
- Treats asthma
- It is an important ingredient of dasmoolarishta
- Treatment of toothache and mouth ulcers.
- Treatment of Eczema
- Used by Ayurveda to treat neurological disorders.
Health Benefits Of Eclipta Alba
It is also known as False Daisy. False Daisy scientifically known as Eclipta prostrata is actually a powerful healing herb which is wonderful for liver and kidney disease.
It is beneficial for dermatitis and eczema and helps with cancer, promotes hair growth, and it’s a wonderful antimicrobial agent and it’s been used for thousands of years without side effects.
Eclipta prostrata consists of good amount of antibacterial and antiseptic properties that make it highly effective at preventing and treating infections.
When taken for a urinary tract infection, it can effectively reduce discomfort and neutralize the bacteria to restore normal function to your bladder.
- Soothes the stomach. Calms every disturbances in the stomach.
- Cancer prevention. Helps inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the liver.
- Liver Heath. Effectively balances and ensure it’s normal function.
- Treats urinary infections
- Respiratory issues. Eclipta prostrata is quite beneficial for people suffering from chronic respiratory infections and coughs. Antibacterial nature of the extract can clear up the infection, while the expectorant qualities can force out any remaining phlegm or mucus where additional pathogens may be developing.
- Bowel Inflammation. If you suffer from the uncomfortable and embarrassing condition of hemorrhoids, finding relief can often be difficult. Eclipta prostrata has shown outstanding results in reducing the inflammation in that sensitive area and providing soothing, analgesic relief.
- Hair Health. Premature hair loss or thinning, dandruff are main hair problems, the whole world are facing in this recent time. Bit of Eclipta prostrata to your hair care routine is a very good idea for curing such problems. You can mix it with shampoos to moisturize the scalp, preventing dry skin and consequent dandruff. Additionally, it can strengthen follices and follicle beds, preventing hair loss and slowing down conditions like male pattern baldness, while also providing a rich luster to your locks.
- Eye Health. High carotene content is found in the leaves of bhringraj, which is considered as a crucial antioxidant substance for the health of your eyes. Carotene helps to eliminate the free radicals that cause macular degeneration and the formation of cataracts, so including some Eclipta prostrata to your herbal diet regiment can keep your vision clear for years!
- Get Rid of Anaemia. As bhringraj consists of high amount of iron, simple homemade soup made with its leaves helps to treat anaemia. Regular use of it is considered one of the best remedy for anaemia, thus use it regularly.
- Good for Diabetic Patient. Bhringraj has also showed outstanding results when it comes to sugar problems like diabetes. Active molecules present in Bhringraj help in controlling and lowering the glucose in your body, which is quite important for the people suffering from diabetes, or having high sugar levels.
- Recurrent Miscarriage (Habitual Abortion). Bhringraj is considered effective for preventing pregnancy loss. Women suffering from a recurrent miscarriage can take it. It is used to prevent miscarriage and strengthen the uterus.
- Asthma. It is also beneficial for relieving cough, high-pitched wheezing, as well as chest congestion.
- Tooth ache. Bhringraj is considered as a good cure for toothache.
- Used For Soft Skin. Bhringraj has the healing property for almost all skin problems that occurs due to the skin impurities. It helps to purify the blood naturally, which directly effects helps in reducing the skin diseases. It can be taken orally or applied on the skin to improve the look of the skin. Apart from giving you a young and healthy skin, it also helps in healing various wounds with a good speed.
- Treat Baldness.
- Sinus Infection. Sinus is a serious problem that must be cured effectively. Bhringraj is considered to be the best remedy for the hair and is also used as a rejuvenative and liver tonic. It is astringent, deobstruent, depurative, emetic, febrifuge, ophthalmic, purgative, styptic and tonic. It is used internally in the treatment of dropsy and liver complaints, anaemia, diphtheria etc., tinnitus, tooth loss and premature greying of the hair. They are used as an antidote for snake bites. Roots are emetic and purgative..
Health Benefits Of Garcinia Kola
Here are some of the incredible health benefits of bitter kola:
- It improves sexual impotence:
Studies have shown that when it comes to the improvement of sexual performance, especially among men, bitter kola is royalty. Bitter Kola does not only increase sex drive, it also improves the sexual performance of men who consume it. And in other to be effective, it is advisable to chew the kola for at least two minutes before intercourse. So you have it: Improve your performance in bed by chewing bitter kola.
- Remedy for osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the degeneration of joint cartilage and the underlying bone that causes pain and stiffness, especially in the hip, knee, and thumb joints. It is a common form of arthritis. And according to the National Institutes of Health, the causes of Osteoarthritis can include joint injury, obesity, and aging. However, researchers at Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria tested the effects of bitter kola against arthritis symptoms and the result concludes that bitter kola significantly reduced inflammation and pain. It also increased joint movement in patients that had osteoarthritis symptoms.
- It combats STDs: Since the emergence of sexually transmitted diseases, noble scientists have been battling night and day to bring lasting solution the plague. Although their battle may seem somewhat difficult as a result of the complicatedness of the diseases, results have shown that seed and leaf of bitter kola have antibacterial activity on clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Salmonella typhi and Streptococcus pyrogens.
- It improves the function of the lungs: The fibers and lung tissues are not only strengthened when bitter kola is consumed regularly in a considerate amount, it also stabilizes any other counter effect. In addition, it helps in the maintenance of good respiratory track as well as treating chest cold. Still wondering why some smokers move along with bitter kola?
- It improves immunity system: Bitter kola has a high amount of antioxidant. This high amount of antioxidants found in bitter kola does not only help fight bacteria and other illnesses, it also helps the body to increase its immunity levels.
- It is anti-malaria agent: Studies have shown that chemical constituents in bitter kola have anti-malarial properties. This is why traditional healers have for many years prescribed bitter kola for the treatment of malaria infections. Additionally, the stem, bark, and seeds of bitter kola are used to treat acute fever,inflammation of the respiratory tract and throat infection.
- It fights glaucoma: Glaucoma is a condition of increased pressure within the eyeball, causing a gradual loss of sight. Glaucoma could result in permanent blindness if left untreated. However, bitter kola has been found to be an amazing remedy for the eye. And according to a Lagos University Teaching Hospital journal, when bitter kola is eaten, at least twice a day, it could successfully reduce the eye pressure.
African walnut is a powerful plant that has been notable for its remarkable benefits to human health.
Botanically known as Plukenetia conophora or Tetracarpidium conophorum, the African walnut is of the family of Euphorbiaceae.
Apart from its nuts, researchers have revealed that other parts of this plant are highly important for both medicinal, therapeutic and pharmaceutical reasons.
The African walnut (ukpa) is a climber in the sense that it grows as a vine and then settles at the apex of a supporting tree forming a canopy and shade to other smaller plants and herbs.
Health Benefits Of African Walnut (Tetracarpidium Conophorum)
Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
Researchers reveal that the African walnut is very effective for minimising the risks of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and coronary artery disease (buildup of plaque in the arteries thereby restricting blood supply to the heart).
Consuming walnuts as an after-meal dessert has been proven effective for keeping the arteries flexible and for reducing the damage caused by fatty food to the arteries.
This is due to the high content of phytosterols, omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants in this fruit.
Walnuts equally contain high amounts of L-arginine, which is an essential amino acid that can be converted to nitric oxide.
It is noteworthy that nitric oxide is a chemical that is essential for smoothing the inner walls of the blood vessels thereby helping the blood vessels to relax.
Individuals suffering from hypertension usually find it hard to have a balanced nitric oxide levels thus they are prone to heart problems, however, adding walnuts to their diet is an effective way of combating this problem.
Treatment of Infertility
Walnut seeds have been reported effective for tackling male infertility issues by boosting sperm productions in the testicles.
Researchers reveal that men who include more African walnuts in their diet stand higher chances of improving their sperm health, sperm development and spermatozoa count.
This is attributive to the high amount of healthy fatty acids present in these cuts.
The leaf extracts of the African walnut (ukpa) can also be used for boosting fertility in women as well as for treating fibroids.
Promotes Quality Sleep
Studies reveal that regular intake of walnuts before going to sleep is an effective way of facilitating good sleep due to the presence of melatonin in the nuts.
It is noteworthy that melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland, which acts as a sleep aid as well as a remedy for tackling certain sleep disorders.
Reduces the Cholesterol Level
African walnut is an excellent source of healthy polyunsaturated fat and omega-3 fatty acids, which have been proven effective for reducing the body’s cholesterol level.
Treatment of Gastroenteritis Diseases
African walnut leaves and barks are used in folk medicines for treating individuals suffering from gastroenteritis diseases such as dysentery, stomach pain, diarrhoea and vomiting.
Decocted African walnut leaves and seeds are effective for relieving abdominal pains.
African walnut possesses anti-microbial properties thus can be used for treating disease-causing pathogens such as bacillus subtilis, candida albicans, staphylococcus aureus, aspergillus niger.
Ideal for Pregnant Women
In folk medicines, the leaves extracts are usually taken by pregnant women to prevent the risk of miscarriages.
Although the African walnuts can be eaten raw, but it is preferably eaten cooked, sun-dried or roasted and snacked on. The nuts can equally be ground and used for soup preparations. Ukpa has a similar flavour with that of a chestnut and hazelnut and serves as the perfect spices for flavouring meat, fish and several dishes.
Prevention of Cancer
Studies reveal that the African walnut extracts are effective for minimizing the risk of cancerous growths such as breast cancer and prostate cancer. This is due to its high constituent of ascorbic acid, omega 3 fatty acids, phytosterols and antioxidants which help to slow down the onset of cancer.
Boosts Cognitive Functioning
African walnut is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), which are both important vitamins for boosting the healthy functioning of the brain. This suggests why the fruit is often referred to as the brain food.
African walnut is an excellent source of tannin which is very effective for tackling body inflammation thus can be used for treating rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial inflammation or asthma.
African walnut is a rich source of antioxidants such as ellagic acid, melatonin, manganese, vitamin E, polyphenols and selenium thus can be used for preventing the onset of early ageing as well as prevents cellular damage.
Regulation of Menstrual Flow
The leaf extracts of the African walnut (ukpa) can be used for regulating menstrual flow in women suffering from irregular menstruation.
Promotes Healthy Immune System
African walnut is an excellent source of essential minerals and vitamins such as manganese, iron, copper, magnesium, calcium and zinc, which are all essential for boosting stronger immune system as well as for preventing anaemia.
Studies reveal that the leaf extract of the African walnut is very effective for treating headache.
Relief from Hiccups
The leaves extracts of the African walnut are taken to stop and relief constant and prolonged hiccups.
Relief from Malarial Attack
African walnut leaves extracts offer relief from malarial attack and fever.
Treatment of Toothache
Both the nuts, leaves and barks of the African walnut are believed to be effective for treating toothache.
Serves as an Antidote
Both the nuts, leaves and barks of the African walnut act as an effective antidote for counteracting poisons, insect stings, scorpion stings etc. It is also effective for treating certain types of toxic metal poisoning.
Tulsi (also called Holy Basil and Ocimum sanctum) is a pretty amazing plant.
Tulsi has been used as an herbal therapeutic for more than 3,000 years. Here’s what The Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine has to say about Tulsi in an article titled “Tulsi – Ocimum sanctum: A Herb for All Reasons”: “The predominant cause of global morbidity and mortality is lifestyle-related chronic diseases, many of which can be addressed through Ayurveda with its focus on healthy lifestyle practices and regular consumption of adaptogenic herbs. Of all the herbs used within Ayurveda, Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum Linn) is preeminent.
Tulsi is used to treat a variety of chronic diseases and everyday ailments.
- Tulsi: A Herb for All Reasons
- Tulsi: Queen of herbs
Health Benefits Of Tulsi
Breathing Problems: Tulsi extracts are often used to relieve respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis.
Common Cold and Cough: As an effective expectorant, Tulsi is useful in relieving coughs and sore throats that result from the common cold.
Eye Problems: Regular use of Tulsi extract may relieve eye problems like sore eyes and poor night vision.
Fever: Tulsi helps relieve various kinds of fevers.
Headaches: External as well as internal consumption Tulsi provides relief from headaches.
Heart Problems and High Cholesterol: Tulsi helps maintain healthy heart function and can lower cholesterol levels.
Insect Bites: Extracts from Tulsi can be used to prevent insect bites. Tulsi is also effective as a mosquito repellent and relieves itching from insect bites.
Kidney Stones: Tulsi supports the function of the kidney, and regular consumption of Tulsi tea can help with the elimination of kidney stones.
Mouth Ulcers and Other Dental Problems: Chewing of raw Tulsi leaves is used to relieve mouth ulcers. In addition, its antibacterial properties can help reduce dental problems like bad breath and may help prevent gum disease.
Nerve Tonic and Memory Sharpener: Extracts from Tulisi leaves act as a tonic for the nerves and may help sharpen the memory.
Skin Health: Tulsi is used to relieve skin infections like ringworm.
Stress: Tulsi is an adaptogenic herb. Adaptogens help the body combat stress and enable it to function normally during traumatic periods. Tulsi helps maintain the balance of the nerves and may boost energy.
Tulsi Health Benefits
This long list of Tulsi health benefits indicates that Tulsi interacts with the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, nervous, renal, and integumentary body systems. Today, it’s generally recognized that Tulsi supports issues related to cardiovascular disease, immunity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, psychological stress, and neurocognition. There is good reason to believe that a whole healthy lifestyle-related approach to optimal health will benefit from support with Tulsi as a health supplement.
In the past, turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine in South Asia and China for various conditions such as rheumatism, severe pain, fatigue, and breathing problems for over 4,000 years. Indian people believed that the root’s healing powers can cure many illnesses.
The best-known health benefit of turmeric is its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, giving it the power to alleviate swelling and pain in conditions such as arthritis. Inflammation is a very common cause of pain and discomfort. It can also contribute to the development of certain diseases. Turmeric usage reduces the risk of the side effects of taking prescription anti-inflammatory drugs.
The immune system is responsible for protecting the body against pathogens that can cause disease and infection. Turmeric has been shown to be one of the best foods to maintain, protect, and boost immunity, reducing the risk of falling ill. Turmeric has antiviral, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
Turmeric can ease pain and is used as a pain reliever for arthritis pain. This has been studied in several trials, particularly for patients with arthritis.
Turmeric has antioxidant properties that help fight free radical damage and oxidative stress. Oxidative damage is believed to be one of the mechanisms behind the development of numerous diseases and aging. Curcumin is a potent antioxidant that can help neutralize free radicals. Aside from that, curcumin can boost the activity of antioxidant enzymes in the body.
Improve Brain Function
Curcumin can improve and boost levels of the brain hormone brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which promotes the growth of new neurons and wards off many degenerative processes in the brain. Hence, turmeric has been used to attempt to prevent diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Lower Heart Disease Risk
Curcumin plays a major role in the prevention of heart disease. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties can improve the function of the endothelium. Moreover, it lowers the level of low-density lipoproteins (LDL) or the “bad” cholesterol. This can help reduce the risk of developing heart disease and even stroke.
Aids in Digestion
Turmeric also supports enzymatic reactions, muscle movement, acid production, and optimal absorption of nutrients in the gut.
Turmeric is used for
- Heartburn (dyspepsia),
- Joint pain
- Stomach pain,
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Bypass surgery
- Intestinal gas
- Stomach bloating
- Loss of appetite
- Liver problems
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection,
- Stomach ulcers
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Gallbladder disorders
- High cholesterol
A skin condition called lichen planus, Skin inflammation from radiation treatment, and fatigue.
- Lung infections,
- Menstrual problems
- Itchy skin
- Recovery after surgery
- Alzheimer’s disease Swelling in the middle layer of the eye (anterior uveitis)
- Water retention
An autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), Tuberculosis Urinary bladder inflammation Kidney problems. Eye infection
Some people apply turmeric to the skin for pain, ringworm, sprains and swellings, bruising, leech bites etc
Turmeric is also used as an enema for people with inflammatory bowel disease.