Will a clogged toilet unclog itself? Let’s face it, we’ve all had it happen once when the toilet got clogged up in an impressive way. In those cases, we’ve repeatedly tried to turn “the tide” by flushing more or using various things we can think of, and yet nothing seems to quite work or even make the problem worse. Believe it or not, unclogging a toilet is much easier than you think, although, of course, you have to know some techniques and know how to carry them out.
So how do you unclog a very clogged toilet? Pay attention, because in this MyhealthMyskin article we are going to teach you how to unclog a very clogged toilet with different tricks for which you will not need anything other than what you have in your home.
How To Unclog The Toilet By An Object With A Plunger
As you know it in your country, the plunger, plunger, suction cup or pacifier is one of the most used utensils in this arduous task of unclogging the toilet. Thanks to the vacuum caused manually by the rubber and the pressure, it helps to suck up any object that is blocking the pipe or the bottom of the toilet. Pay attention to know how to use it correctly
- Clear the area around the toilet and cover the floor with paper or plastic to protect it from splashes or debris that may come out.
- Lift the lid and shield and place the plunger at a 45° angle around the hole where the water drains. It is important that the edges of the tool are perfectly sealed with the surroundings of the drain.
- After you have created the necessary fixation it is time to press on. With energy and with the help of the suction cup stick, press about 10 or 15 times so that the pressure begins to suck out what is blocking the pipe.
- Unhook the suction cup by moving it to the side and pull the chain and see if the water drains perfectly. If not, he repeats the process again.
How To Unclog The Toilet With Water
Another of the home remedies to unclog a very clogged toilet is with the help of pressurized water. Adding buckets of water in a sudden way can generate enough pressure to circulate the object that is blocking the pipe. However, it is advisable to use boiling water and previously add a product such as bleach or detergent to the bottom of the toilet.
- Clear everything around the toilet to prevent it from getting wet or damaged.
- Lift the toilet lid.
- Add the product of your choice at the bottom to facilitate unblocking.
- Pull the chain and when it starts to drain the water from the tank, pour the water from the bucket from a good height to create more force and pressure. Be very careful when disposing of very hot water to avoid burns.
- If the toilet has been unclogged well, it is not necessary to add more water, however you can add another bucket of hot water.
How To Unclog The Toilet With Plastic Wrap Or Adhesive Tape
This is a very little known but very efficient trick to help the water drain all the superficial obstruction of the WC. In the case of excess paper that does not allow water to circulate or any other object that is in the drain inlet, it can be removed with the help of the pressure created within the protective layer of paper or tape. Follow these steps to learn how to unclog a toilet clogged with plastic wrap or duct tape:
- Lift the lid and bowl off the toilet.
- Clean with the help of toilet paper or a towel the outer and upper edges that are in contact with the protector; they are probably wet.
- After they dry perfectly, start placing pieces of plastic wrap end to end or thick adhesive tape until you create a protective layer without any leaks with said materials.
- When all the paper is perfectly placed, pull the chain so that the suction bulges the protection.
- As this suction is created, use both hands to press down on the paper or tape. The force created by this will push the obstructing object through the drain.
- Finally, remove all the paper or tape and throw it away.
Now that you know how to unclog a very clogged toilet.
How To Unclog A Bathroom Clogged With Unblocking Liquid
If you have the need to solve the problem quickly, apart from using the manual plunger, you can use liquids to unclog pipes, which are specific commercial products for this purpose and, if the problem is not very serious and does not require a professional plumber, these liquids are very effective.
There is a wide variety between these products, so choose one that suits the problem you have and the type of pipe in your clogged bathroom. To use these liquids you will only have to follow the instructions for use on the package, without skipping any steps or warnings. For example, we must be careful that they do not come into contact with our skin or our eyes, as well as keeping them out of the reach of children and animals.
Normally you have to pour the amount of product indicated on the container and leave it to act for about two hours. Then you just have to pull the chain and see the operation of the pipe, if necessary you can repeat the process.
How To Unclog The Toilet With Cola
It is very likely that you have heard that cola is used to unclog pipes of all kinds. The truth is that the amount of gas and some of the acidic ingredients it contains break down a variety of materials, which helps undo blockages in sinks and bathrooms. Follow these instructions on how to unclog a clogged toilet with cola:
- Pour 2 liters of this liquid into the clogged toilet.
- Let it sit for several hours, at least 2 hours, but depending on the type of jam this product may need more time. If you want to speed up the process, you can pour more but be careful not to overdo it so it doesn’t overflow.
- You will observe that the level of retained water decreases. When you see that it is at a height similar to the normal one for that WC, pull the chain to check that it works perfectly.
How To Unclog A Toilet With Baking Soda
If you want to discover more home remedies to unclog a very clogged toilet, take note of this one, as bicarbonate is very common in many homes. You can unclog the toilet with baking soda and vinegar, something very useful if you don’t have a specific product on hand. The two ingredients have properties that help break down different types of materials, as well as clean and disinfect.
- Pour a large cup of baking soda into the clogged toilet bowl. If there is a lot of accumulated water you will have to add more cups of baking soda.
- When you see that it has settled at the entrance of the drain, add two cups of vinegar, it does not matter if it is wine or white. You will see that it immediately begins to have an effervescent effect, which will help to undo the jam.
- Close the lid and let it take effect for at least half an hour.
- Pull the chain to check if there is no obstruction and, if necessary, repeat the maneuver.
How To Unclog The Bathroom With A Hanger
You can use the appropriate tool when there is an object blocking the curved pipe of the toilet, that is, a spiral plunger. However, if you don’t have this device, you can make a similar tool out of a wire hanger or coat hanger. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Unfold the hanger wire to make it straight and leave the shape of the hook at the end.
- Make sure you collect what you have around the toilet and place paper or plastic on the floor, to be able to unclog the toilet more easily and without staining anything.
- Insert the hook part into the drain inlet and start pressing to push out the clog.
- You will see that in a short time it will disappear and when you pull the chain the pipe will start to work well. If you see that it costs, you can add some homemade or purchased product that helps to undo the jam.
Tell us on the comment section, how this Article has helped you. If you want to read more articles similar to How to unclog a very clogged toilet, we recommend you visit our Home maintenance and safety category.
Apart From The Techniques Mentioned Above On How To Unclog A Very Clogged Toilet, Do You Have Any Other Technique To Unclog A Clogged Toilet? Comment Below!