Slimming should be a cause for concern when it occurs in an unintentional way, without the person to realize that you are losing weight. In general, it is normal to lose weight after stages of stress, how to change work, go through a divorce or lose a loved one.
However, if weight loss is not linked to these factors or diet or increased physical activity, one should seek a physician to evaluate the cause of the problem, which can be by thyroid diseases, diabetes, tuberculosis or cancer.
If you’re wondering, can lemon juice make you lose weight? you’re in the right place.
Weight loss vs involuntary weight loss
Weight loss is a decrease in body weight, when you are not looking to lose weight. Many people increase or add weight. Involuntary weight loss is the loss of 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) or 5 percent of its regular body weight for 6 to 12 months or less without understanding the reason.
What are Lemons?
Lemons are round and slightly elongated, it belongs to the citrus family. Hence, shares some of the characteristics of other citrus species, including having a thick skin. The Lemon pulp is pale yellow, juicy and acid taste halved into segments.
The color of the crust is yellow and especially bright when it is ripe. It is used in fresh for culinary uses, and its juice in the food preparations industry.
For the pharmaceutical industry it is raw material for the manufacture of numerous medications, and at home it can be used for numerous home remedies.
Can lemon juice make you lose weight?
Lemon juice ( water and lemon) is an excellent recipe to help slim, because it contains few calories and is a source of fibers, contributing to hunger control.
It is also a diuretic drink, which makes the body eliminate the accumulation of liquids, thus helping to deflate.
While lemon juice does not increase the burning of body fat, it is a rich beverage in antioxidant nutrients that help the organism eliminate toxins, facilitating the weight loss process.
This drink also helps clean the palate, because it decreases the desire to eat sweet foods, which promotes weight gain and impair diet.
Although water with lemon is an excellent complement to contribute to weight loss, it does not replace the need to perform a diet with little calories or regular practice of physical activity.
Does lemon juice help you lose weight?
One of the ways to use water and lemon to help lose weight is to squeeze 10 drops of lemon in a glass of warm water and drink then without adding sugar. You must do this on an empty stomach, about 30 minutes before breakfast.
Water with lemon can also be drunk before the main meals, but with cold water, because this will make the organism require more energy to heat the water, thus contributing to weight loss.
To obtain the benefits of this drink, it is enough to choose one of the following suggestions:
- Squeeze Ten drops of lemon in a glass of water, drink half an hour before breakfast, before lunch or dinner;
- Put the juice of 140 g of lemon pulp in 2 liters of water and drink throughout the day;
- Place 1 lemon sliced in a bottle of water and drink during the day;
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a fruit salad, to eat as a dessert at lunch or at dinner;
- Add 1 lemon peel sliced in 1 cup with hot water or in your tea preferably.
- Another option to consume this drink is to add ginger with lemon, as this root also has properties that increase the burning body burning, favoring weight loss.
Likewise, other types of drinks or sugary beverages, water with lemon also contributes to the decrease in the calories of the diet, helping to lose weight.
Benefits of water with lemon
In addition to helping to lose weight, other potential health benefits of drinking water with lemon are:
- Strengthen the immune system and protect the organism against flu and cold, or any respiratory disease in general,
- Help the organism absorb the iron present in vegetables, such as spinach, and in vegetables, like beans,
- Help eliminate the toxins from the body and reduce fluid retention, due to their diuretic effect,
- Avoid diseases such as cancer and early aging, because it is rich in antioxidants,
- Reduce fatigue, increasing energy and concentration,
- Reduce high blood pressure,
- Balance blood glucose levels, avoiding diabetes,
- Decrease the acidity and improve metabolism, since it has a alkalizing effect,
- Helps in healing processes, by being rich in vitamin C,
- Lemon juice is a stomach stimulant, excellent for treating digestive problems including: nausea, vomiting and inflammation of the gastrointestinal mucosa.
In addition to this, it promotes skin health, keeping it hydrated and pretty, preventing acne formation.
Apart from the benefits of water with lemon, adding the lemon shell in the drink helps to balance anxiety and stress, as the shell contains essential oils with calming effects, contributing to control the compulsion and the desire to eat calorie food
When should it be avoided
Despite all the benefits of water with lemon, this drink should be avoided before exposing themselves to the sun, as the lemon contains a natural oil that can cause irritation and burning in the skin and on the lips when it comes into contact with sunlight.
Because it is an acidic food, the daily intake of lemon juice can cause alteration in the brightness and color of the teeth. To avoid this, it is enough to rinse with pure water immediately after ingesting the drink or using a drinking strain. Likewise, water with lemon should be avoided by those who are allergic to lemon.
On the other hand, this beverage must also be avoided by those who experience gastritis, reflux or irritable bowel, or if it feels discomfort when consuming it, because although the lemon itself does not generate these problems, It can cause irritation in the stomach or intestine of certain people, intensifying the symptoms.