There was provision for everything In the creation plan of God. Hence utilizing them is solely our responsibility as humans, and also to identify them and make proper use of them. Herbs, fruits, Plants and animals were also created for man’s consumption ( some for food while some had special purposes like the Herbs). Read John 1:3 and Genesis 1.11
God gave us a wonderful nature filled with good things necessary for a healthy life, that is why today, we will be discussing about what you need to know about (what you can use this plant to treat) the wonderful plant that the earth is blessed with known as Awolowo plant (Siam weed).
- Chromolaena Odorata
Common name: Siam Weed, Chromolaena, archangel, camphor grass, common floss flower, communist green, bitter bush, Christmas bush.
- Ewé Akintọla (Akintọla’s leaf) Ewé Awolọwọ (Awolọwọ’s leaf)
- Obiara Ohuu, Ewu ata
- Devil weed
- Sekou you’re
- ashoke lata
- Armstrong weed
- “Queen Elizabeth weed”
In the eastern part of Nigeria (Igbo land), the Awolowo plant is called “Obiarakara” which means, “stranger that arrived and started lording” – the proof of it’s sudden arrival on our shores!
So, what’s the reason for all these names – Akintọla, Awolọwọ, Obiarakara, Independence, Queen Elizabeth?
Although, according to study, the Awolowo plant suddenly become visible in Nigeria circa 1960. No record of the plant found anywhere in Nigeria before the year of independence (1960). This plant as a matter of fact “The Siam weed”, Botanical name: Chromolaena odorata is one of the weeds plants that comes from the Asteraceae family.
Nutritional Content in AWOLOWO Plant
The Nutritional Content in Awolowo plant (Siam weed) include the following:
9 Powerful Things to Know About Awolowo plant (Siam Weed)
1. Treatment of various injuries & stops bleeding
How to make:
- Get some Awolowo leaves ( the leaves must be fresh).
- Wipe off the stool in the leaves (always clean the leaves without washing)
- Pound (bracelet) using the hand (because it is very effective using a hand).
- Add a some water (an ordinary water or water used usually spit own water).
- Then, squeeze the wound medicine from Awolowo leaves and it is ready for use.
How to apply:
- Use a cotton wool or a soft tissue to clean the wound from dirt or blood.
- Stick it on the wound, then use bandage to hold It.
2. Treat peptic ulcers
How to make:
- Get a few leaves of Awolowo (11 strand)
- Squeeze until the water (green water) comes out
- Put the water from the leave in a glass.
- You can add a pinch of salt.
How to use:
- A water squeeze drink everyday half glass
- That is how to make a medicine / herb from natural nampong leaves, so simple without removing a dime from you pocket, and of course the benefits are guaranteed
3. Prevent Diabetes
Not only does this leave help to maintain the health of reproduction organ of women, the chromolaena odorata leaves can also prevent you from diabetes.
Are you diabetic???
Awolowo plant has the healing powers to cure it.
How to use it:
Step I: Provide a few leaves, rinse /clean it with water and bring it out from the water immediately, then squeeze it energetically with your palms or you can use mortar and pestle to pound it without adding water
Step II. Filter it and allow it settled
Step III. Pour it into an empty can of Peak milk, until it is full (if chronic), but if not, measure it half
Step IV. Pour the filtered Chromolaena Odorata into an empty cup, and mix it with a peak milk
Step V. Shake the mixture very well, so that both will mix, and drink it three times a day
Note: It must be finished within 24 hours. This same procedure must be repeated over again daily or three times in a week for three weeks, or four weeks, (Depending on your capable you are financially to buy peak milk)and the improvement too.
After about three or four weeks of usage, go for check up at a nearby hospital, you will come back home rejoicing by God’s grace!
4. Prevent Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is a diseases that is dangerous for women. You can prevent yourself from this disease, when you drink the chromolaena odorata tea
5. Pain reliever
Taking half glass cup in the morning and also in the evening for 7 days. This will definitely relieve anyone from body/back pain.
6. Maintain the Heart’s Health
It is very important for us to maintain the health of our heart to ensure it can always work very well. To avoid diseases that are associated to heart, you can consume the Siam weed leaves.
7. Preserve the Health of Reproduction Organ of Women
The health of reproduction organs is one of the very important thing that needs to be given adequate attention. To maintain the health of it, you can drink the chromolaena odorata brewed water
8. Cyst Medicine
There are many health benefits of Awolowo leaves. The Awolowo leaves are very useful for those of you who want to cure cyst effectively.
9. Alternative medicine for Diabetes Mellitus disease
How to make:
- Get a few leaves of Chromolaena odorata (11 strand) Clean off the stool (can with washing)
- Put the leaves into the pan and add 2 cups of water. Let it boil
How to use:
- Drink a glass of it, after boiling everyday